MurraysWorld  >  Columns  >  The 2010 US Open : a brief preview
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Reply

The 2010 US Open : a brief preview

Sorry, Daisy, just catching up on here. Because we already had Sky+ the box was free. We ordered on the phone and it was £10 per month extra and the box arrived the next day via Parcel Force. It took Os 15 minutes to install it - very simple - they said we wouldn't need any help. Wildlife programmes are fabulous and we watched the film 'Battle of Britain' which was being shown on BBC1 the other night, a film we have seen at least twice, and it was so enthralling with the air battles now in HD that we decided to record Tora,Tora, Tora today (another war film re Pearl Harbour)just to see what it looked like in HD!

We did watch on Eurosport yesterday (and not in HD) highlights from last year's final and came to the conclusion that Eurosport filming/transmission was not on a par with Sky or BBC etc. Fuzziness around the tram lines etc but non HD is excellent on this new larger screen tele anyway. Sky say Andy is playing tomorrow but we haven't got the tourney as yet on the Home Page so I couldn't check. Have to go to ATP.

So glad to get all your info Jan - am really looking forward to seeing the tennis in HD !!
IP Logged

It gets even more tempting. But I'd have to get a new TV first and I don't want to lose all the stuff stored on my current sky+ box.  The sky preview said that Andy might not be playing till wednesday.  Wondered why MW still has Cincinatti as his current tournament so can't get a direct link to USO from here?
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Reply 
+ Quick Reply