MurraysWorld  >  Archive: News  >  Andy Murray is king of the world
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Reply

Andy Murray is king of the world

Perhaps we should have a topic/poll  on Andy's top 10 most stressful matches. that he's won, obviously! That Raonic match would be very high......
Might be quite cathartic too.
  I would put it right at the top - probably even above Wimbledon 2013 overall.
IP Logged

I agree the Raonic  match was very stressful and I was sitting on the couch saying "Comon Andy " you can do this I felt like pulling my hair out. Needless to say our man pulled it off. Thank heavens I was almost a nervous wreck, I should have known he would come through so much determination and grit our Andy has.
IP Logged

T

I'm going to try and not underestimate him next year.
Perhaps this should be written in neon lights on the MW strap line -as a reminder  w00t

I like the idea of your 'most stressful' thread/poll bbh.  That one has to be right up there.  I was clutching my saltire like it was a comfort blanket and couldn't put into operation the usual coping strategies I use in the privacy of my own home. Actually by the end I had become oblivious to the fact I was in public I was so stressed so I dread to think what I was doing - but short of closing my eyes there was nowhere to run nowhere to hide.   Unfortunately those immediately round me weren't really caught up in it the way most of us were. 
[ Last edit by Ruthie December 23, 2016, 07:05 pm ] IP Logged

I think I'll have to watch a replay of at least some of that match because, although I'm not a behind-the-sofa person and usually manage to sit-out his matches, this one had me wandering round the flat at times trying to find things to do!
IP Logged

Perhaps this should be written in neon lights on the MW strap line -as a reminder  w00t

I like the idea of your 'most stressful' thread/poll bbh.  That one has to be right up there.  I was clutching my saltire like it was a comfort blanket and couldn't put into operation the usual coping strategies I use in the privacy of my own home. Actually by the end I had become oblivious to the fact I was in public I was so stressed so I dread to think what I was doing - but short of closing my eyes there was nowhere to run nowhere to hide.   Unfortunately those immediately round me weren't really caught up in it the way most of us were. 

Lol know exactly what you mean. Was clutching flag, leaping up and down, yelling, pulling at m hair- -totally forgot I was in public but like you say, very different to being at home where you can pace up and down etc. Very stressful match tho ultimately wonderful.
IP Logged

^ don't think either of you need worry because the crowd was going insane in that final set!  Having watched a replay of the 2nd and 3rd sets I'm convinced that Raonic will win a Slam in the next year or two.
IP Logged

For any of you with Sky Sports I've noticed they've got an hour long programme about Andy's rise to no 1, showing at various times (today on Sky Sports 5 but it may be other Sky Sports channels on other days I guess).
IP Logged

Shame that because I haven't got Sky.
IP Logged

Shame that because I haven't got Sky.
Me neither - however it'll mostly be a montage of stuff we've seen before I guess.
IP Logged

Me neither - however it'll mostly be a montage of stuff we've seen before I guess.
Probably, because don't see how it can much else really, and also there's no shortage of tribute 'compilation' videos on
YouTube.  I've even looked at a few myself.
IP Logged

Just came across this photo online blink  Was this when they first sat down? Very Happy
In answer to that question, I really don't know other than the fact that it was at some point during the match, but having just watched a full replay on tennisTV they certainly never showed that particular 'incident', but then ESPN tend to go in for showing the crowd during change of ends rather than the players.  I don't remember seeing it on the BBC either, so maybe it was Sky??
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Reply