MurraysWorld  >  Archive: News  >  Murray cruises into round two
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Reply

Murray cruises into round two

It was good to see Andy play,  that pea green shirt is awful though.
I watched it on espn and brad gilbert and cliff drysdale were the commentators ,they liked his game Brad was especialy complementary. Well done Andy.
IP Logged

It was good to see Andy play,  that pea green shirt is awful though.
I watched it on espn and brad gilbert and cliff drysdale were the commentators ,they liked his game Brad was especialy complementary. Well done Andy.

How I miss ESPN and the BG commentary ...........   Frown
IP Logged

I like the green Andy is wearing, wouldn't call it pea green though.
I too am sick of Max Wilander, Barry Cowan and Greg and the rubbish they talk, and the way they keep putting Federer on the pedestal, you can get too much of a good thing. He dosen't need them to sing his praises, he can do that all by himself.
IP Logged

I too am sick of Max Wilander, Barry Cowan and Greg and the rubbish they talk, and the way they keep putting Federer on the pedestal. He dosen't need them to sing his praises, he can do that all by himself.

Federer is VERY adept at singing his own praises. He has had many years of practice.

Well done, Andy. Now for Marchenko.

PS. I detest the green oufit. It doesn't do anything for him
IP Logged

I would just like to say I love Andy's green shirt, I think he looks very smart, professional and gorgeous. 
IP Logged

Wilander told Anabel Croft yesterday on the cheap and nasty Game Set and Matts show that he was only interested in the top two.  She then asked him who else he'd be interested in watching and he replied 'None of them.  We are ALL looking forward to seeing Rafa and Roger in the final.  That's what should have happened in the last two grand slams.'

I was listening to his commentary during the Hewitt/Nalbandian match today and he was likening Hewitt's game to Andy Murray's.  He couldn't help pointing out 'except, of course, Hewitt has won two grand slams, and Murray hasn't'.  His colleague asked him if he thought Andy Murray would win a grand slam and his curt reply was 'No, not now.' 

Following his remarks yesterday I guess he would view Andy, or anyone other than Nadal and Federer, as a party pooper if he were to get to the final as, apparently, we ALL want to see the top two in their rightful place...   It would seem that all the other players and their supporters have been totally dismissed by this whining, nasal-toned has-been who brown-noses the top two shamelessly.  As for Cwoft, she sits there agreeing with every word he utters.  Eurosport should get rid of him pronto.  He is unprofessional - always looking at the wrong camera, and looks like he needs a good kip. 
IP Logged

Mats Wilanders opinions have been the subject much of my conversation today and I havent been pleasant. If only they would stop talking about how amazing Roger Federer is, I've heard enough of it from Barry Cowan at Sky Sports and I think I get the gist of what he and other commentators mean by now.

I couldn't agree more.  The guys on eurosport seem to have a worrying love affair with their tennis god that is the Fed.  It wouldn't surprise me if they became sexually aroused at the mere sight of their adonis such is their outpouring of admiration every time he comes before them.  Most of these commentators are crap to be honest.  Uninspiring, dull, intellectually retarded, with not a single piece of original analysis to offer anyone, just filling in their time with the same inane conversation. 

I hope Simon gives Fed a good fight later which he is more than capable of.  Fed will still wobble a plenty if he goes far in this tournament, you can be sure of that.

Andy did well, a nice uneventful match really.  I also liked his interview with Kheredine for the BBC later on; I didn't realise he had been flirting with Ana Ivanovic during Rally for Relief, although how could you blame him if he was! He seemed very relaxed and happy which I hope he continues to be as we progress.
IP Logged

Johnny H., that's the Matts Willander who thinks Soderling is going to scorch the earth, isn't it?  Hmm...wouldn't waste my spit, as they say.
Can't stand John Loyd because he put big pressure on Andy to play Davis Cup when he was injured, because  he's always so critical of Andy, and what did he ever do? And lastly  THAT voice vomit Don't like smarmy Andrew Castle much either, but at least he's usually quite pleasant about Andy.
IP Logged

Quick PS Love the lime green and the wonderful Kim C is wearing it too, must be lucky   Very Happy
IP Logged

Wilander told Anabel Croft yesterday on the cheap and nasty Game Set and Matts show that he was only interested in the top two.  She then asked him who else he'd be interested in watching and he replied 'None of them.  We are ALL looking forward to seeing Rafa and Roger in the final.  That's what should have happened in the last two grand slams.'

That is so unprofessional of him, hate that assumption that everyone wants a Fed v Rafa final. Well I'm bored of Fed and Rafa winning everything and my 'dream final' would be Nole v Andy. I try to avoid Eurosport where I can, Chris Bradnam totally gets on my nerves with his Fed worship, he's such a fanboy.

Good match from Andy today, he did everything he needed to do. Pleased that his first serve percentage went up a lot in the last two sets, hopefully he'll continue to serve well.
IP Logged

Dont think Anabel Croft is an Andy fan she is one of those that gets orgasmic over Federer so its not  surprising she agrees with Matts. I have a lot of respect for Rafa but would actually like to see neither of the top two in the final, it would make a lovely change. (As long as Andy is there of course) Will take John Lloyd over Greg any time but would rather have neither!
IP Logged

Listened to Mat commentating on the Hewitt - Nalbandian match. Bradnam (? I think) questioned him on whether he thought that a defensive player like Hewitt or Murray could ever win a GS - Answer NO......... "Murray is in a different era from Hewitt when he became No1. Nowadays the players who are going to win MUST have a big 1st Serve... a GOOD second serve...and MOST IMPORTANTLY a BIG FOREHAND!. Murray doesn't yet possess either so I don't think it will be possible for him" 

Then Bradnam was interviewed by Annabelle Croft regarding Andy's 1st match against Beck.............how negative his comments were .........I cannot post them here in fear of an uprising. To say the least lets hope he is forced to eat his words doh

Anyway, 1st round is done.....bring on Marchenko......... dance
IP Logged

Just watched the full match there, I don't believe Beck was injured, he was hammering the ball as hard as he could, which isn't exactly good for his 'injured' shoulder.
IP Logged
MT

I thought Beck played some quite good tennis and I was a bit nervous in that third set when he nearly broke Andy who played well within his best.

The commentators were boring and disinterested. They mentioned the Ashes over and over again, said that they could strangle Andy sometimes  and at one point remarked that if they had a pound for every drop shot messed up by Murray they could play several rounds of golf. Perhaps they should just b***** off to Gleneagles and let someone who give a damn cover Andy's matches. Any regular on MW could do it a million times better.

Does it never occur to these guys plus Croft  that if it wasn't for Andy's talent nobody in the UK would be watching Eurosport at 4am and they would all be out of a job? 

Rant over. Come on Andy  yay
IP Logged

I agree completely, they ramble on and on about Federer and Nadal and how s**t Murray apparently is, yet the majority of their viewers (on British Eurosport) are strangely enough, British Andy Murray fans, who would have thought it?! I noticed how excited the commentators were when they were commentating on Federer the other day, and when I watched the Murray match the seemed completely and utterly bored!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Reply