MurraysWorld  >  Archive: News  >  Murray delays comeback after Brisbane withdrawal
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 12 Reply

Murray delays comeback after Brisbane withdrawal

Was making a point that if singles becomes impossible, perhaps he could play doubles with Jamie.  Think
But you are saying its always been about the two of them?

I hadn't noticed that it said Murrays World! lol  But it might mean that he'll play doubles with Jamie - such a good idea BBH Smile
Or maybe it means The World of The Murrays - I actually don't know what it means! lol  confused shocking
IP Logged

Just saw Andy clearly limping while pushing a trolley with his luggage on it. He is miles away from being fit. Not even close.
IP Logged

Apparently that was him ARRIVING in Australia. He is now weighing up whether he will take part in the Australian Open. I'll save you all the wait. He won't be playing. There is not even a remote chance he'll be fit to play.
IP Logged

6 months of rest and recuperation look like they have made zero difference to me.
IP Logged

I really feel sad for Andy. Wanting to play so much but his body not allowing him to must be so disappointing and frustrating.

Just hope that whatever he decides to do next – whether further rehab or surgery – will improve the problem.

This is all we can say and hope for. It's a heartbreaking message. Not really surprising after the match in Abu Dhabi and in the meantime a shock as well. He hoped for a good result of having rest. And maybe they thought of Wimbledon, he could make it to the QF then in a cleary painfull situation. Worrying is the fact that he went to Australia in his current condition, apperently not expecting a better result shortly.

Must be so hard for Andy not be able to play after all his effort and not knowing when he'll be fit again, if ever.
[ Last edit by flowerpower January 02, 2018, 08:02 pm ] IP Logged

Heartbreaking to see the Instagram post today. Had faith that behind the scenes his hip was progressing. What ever happens.. the Andy Murray story has been the most captivating and thrilling journey to follow in sport ....and if there’s one thing we’ve learned, it’s you never write off Andy Murray!

Get well soon please
IP Logged
ATS

It's not over.  It's not over.
IP Logged

Heartbreaking to see the Instagram post today. Had faith that behind the scenes his hip was progressing. What ever happens.. the Andy Murray story has been the most captivating and thrilling journey to follow in sport ....and if there’s one thing we’ve learned, it’s you never write off Andy Murray!

Get well soon please

I agree with that.

I hope that Andy can get back to what he loves doing.  He has to stay patient.
IP Logged
Caz

That news is hard to hear! Can't even imagine how tough it must be on Andy! Frown I suppose all we can do is wait, hope....and pray that he'll come back whole again.
IP Logged

Agreed. I think this is probably the end, and it's a real shame it's happened this way.
Yep - I don’t see a way back from here, unfortunately.  However, it’s been a fab ride along the way and he should be so proud of himself.
IP Logged

I read Andy's post on Facebook,it finished me I was bubbling  and could't stop. I just can't imagine not watching Andy play, tennis will never be the same for me. 
IP Logged

I read Andy's post on Facebook,it finished me I was bubbling  and could't stop. I just can't imagine not watching Andy play, tennis will never be the same for me. 

It's really sad that he won't be playing in Brisbane. I think we all share your feelings in your post.
I think he'll play in Miami which is a Masters event. A Masters event is demanding of course, but it isn't quite like a grandslam. 
It isn't an easy time for him and it isn't an easy time for any of us.
We just have to stay at his side and hope for the best I think.
IP Logged
Caz

Don't give up on him Chris! I won't give up until he does!
IP Logged

I think he'll play in Miami which is a Masters event.

Miami is what, 3 months away? I can't see him ever being fit again without surgery and there seems to be a risk that could make things even worse.

As supporters of British tennis I think we need to recalibrate our expectations from now on. It's back to the days of a British man reaching the last 16 of a grand slam event being a cause for celebration.
IP Logged

I was looking earlier at stats for the Big Four

They have really dominated the game for a long time now - its pretty incredible.

I think many of us doubted that Andy (and perhaps Djoko too) could keep at that level much in to their 30s - they have been like human brick walls at times with their defensive skills. The strain on joints is immense

IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 12 Reply