MurraysWorld  >  Archive: News  >  Murray eclipsed by Djokovic again
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Reply

Murray eclipsed by Djokovic again

Not sure what the point of that comment is meant to be in reply to mine. But it was clear that his coach wasn't satisfied about what he was doing on court, and I'm certain that there will analysis and discussion between them about what he did/didn't do. Beating up him won't be part of it though, and why would it be? 

Ooh stop boring me    yawn
IP Logged

Not sure what the point of that comment is meant to be in reply to mine. But it was clear that his coach wasn't satisfied about what he was doing on court, and I'm certain that there will analysis and discussion between them about what he did/didn't do. Beating up him won't be part of it though, and why would it be? 
It's Angie's idea of a joke ATL.
IP Logged

No its not actually.  ATL bores the shite out of me.  That certainly aint no joke. Best post he/she has ever done....because its the shortest.
IP Logged

Thanks for enlightening me...!
IP Logged

My heart bleeds also. But, being beaten in semis is hell better than in quarters or third round, etc you get the point. Nadal lost the previous round. He is doing good stuff, not today vs Novak I agree, but he is on his way and we are right behind him always. Good night!
IP Logged

That report was very  fair Grab and I liked the eclipse analogy, painful tho it was to read.
We all know that Andy wont win matches against the top players with a first serve % like that. Or win, coming off the blocks as slowly as he did in that match. I remember when he used to come out like a whirlwind against Fedal, needs to somehow recapture that. Got better in the 2nd set but too late.
Djkovich's retrieving skills are extraordinary.  clap and he has obviously been practising the lob, I read somewhere it was in order to get over those "giants" like Isner, who can trouble him.
I really hope Amelie and Jonas can a) work on that serve and Andy can get some consistency back and b) get him off that damn  way behind the baseline position he adopted in that match.
He's never done  especially well at IW and  this is the first Masters semi since 2012 tho, not to be sneezed at.  thumb up
IP Logged

The tone of the report reflects our mood. Disappointment about many things: the serve, the passivity, the errors, the tactics. A lot has been speculated about the reason being his mental approach of such a match. Yet, in the AO final Andy appeared fearless and could go with Novak toe to toe over a long time. I want to believe it is the conditions here that favour Novak and hope for the next tournament.
IP Logged

He did so well under Lendl from the baseline.  Lendl himself was not a great net player.  It seems to me that Djokovic has become Andy's 'bete noir' so to speak.   They all have one and unfortunately Andy has this one.  I think he needs to just beat him once and the jinx could be over as he will believe he can.  The conditions have never favoured Andy so I was pleasantly surprised that he made it to the SF.  I did think that Lopez would take at least a set off him here.  Actually Lendl himself said that he felt Andy would have done all those things without him as he was on his way before he joined him.  Lendl's encouraging him to play from the baseline was strange as he so admired Andy's variation.  He is No 2 this year, in spite of only playing 4 tournaments so I do not think we should be complaining.
[ Last edit by tamila March 22, 2015, 08:19 am ] IP Logged

Some are speculating why Andy doesn't come to net more. I know why. I've seen his smash.
IP Logged

Some are speculating why Andy doesn't come to net more. I know why. I've seen his smash.

Not a fan of the forehand drive volley into the back fence?
IP Logged

Thanks for the objective and neutral report. It's too easy for fans and reporters to make harsh ugly comments.

We Murray fans can be less than objective at times, attempting in explain away the bad losses like this, defending Andy, and coping with our immense disappointment.

Andy is not as good or consistent as the "top 3" as his results attest. I like his tennis, his personality. He has the skills, but something is missing, confidence. I hope he can sort this out and realize his potential. He is so capable of doing better.

I dont have any expectations for Miami, other than he can get to the QF or SF, but slim chance of him going further as long as the big 3 are in it to win it.
IP Logged

No its not actually.  ATL bores the shite out of me.  That certainly aint no joke. Best post he/she has ever done....because its the shortest.

Short posts can also be boring when they dismiss other's opinions as yours tend to do.
IP Logged

Don't think that's her style, but for what it is worth she looked pretty frustrated.

She will have given her opinion on the match.    It's her job to do that and I don't think she will be afraid to tell Andy he was ineffectual.    That could explain the Andy's tweet after the match.  It sounded like a defence to criticism which had stung.
IP Logged

No its not actually.  ATL bores the shite out of me.  That certainly aint no joke. Best post he/she has ever done....because its the shortest.
Well he doesn't bore me! I'm no tennis expert, just love watching them play and atl is a poster I always read because he comes across with a deal of knowledge and commonsense for which I thank him. Sorry angie but.........
IP Logged

Thanks, Nigel. Really no more to add.

Unfortunately, I feel that Andy will never return to his monumental successes of 2012 and 2013. I'm just sad for the man
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Reply