MurraysWorld  >  Archive: News  >  Pistol Pete predicts big things for Murray
Pages: [1] Reply

Pistol Pete predicts big things for Murray

Pete Sampras has given his seal of approval to the ever-growing Andy Murray bandwagon. Speaking ahead of his participation at the Black Rock Masters in London, the fourteen time Grand Slam winner voiced his belief, that the British number one can break through, and capture his first major in 2009 and join an elite and prestigious group.

He is one notch below Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal

He's right on the edge of breaking through and winning a major. He's got the game. He'll do it, I really believe that. He's the real deal

Sampras watched Murray's loss in the US Open final to Roger Federer back in September, and noted his lack of confidence as being the key factor in the defeat to the Swiss maestro, who is now just one Grand Slam away from equalling Sampras's record.

He needs a bit more self-belief and confidence that he can win a major

Watching the US Open, I could sense that he didn't really believe he could win that match.

With another tennis legend believing Murray is on the cusp of great things, Murray's 2009 season looks to be a very promising one.
[ Last edit by Clydey December 03, 2008, 03:21 am ] IP Logged

His first major in 2008. Wow, I don't think even Pete or Fed could achieve such a feat! High praise indeed!  clap

lmao
IP Logged

Watching the US Open, I could sense that he didn't really believe he could win that match.

I don't think that is the reason he lost. I'm pretty sure he went into that match believing he could win, especially with Federer's unpredictable form. He only probably thought he would lose once he realised he was playing the absolute best Federer available, so surely that means confidence had little to do with it.

We all know Pete likes to kiss Federer's arse at every opportunity and vice-versa so no surprise he came out with that.
IP Logged

The opposite. For Sampras to be 'kissing Federer's arse' he'd say that even if Andy played his absolute best, he'd never have beaten Fed. Saying that Andy didn't look like he thought he could win takes away a bit from Federer.
IP Logged

Maybe Think
IP Logged

I had the chance to meet Pete last week
IP Logged

Where was that? Smile
IP Logged

Super words from Pete Sampras and all praise to Sir Panda and ljsmall for their roundup articles on Murray's Year 2008 received via e-mail. Many thanks. Roll on 2009. yay yay
IP Logged

Where was that? Smile

I would guess during Pete's exho match with Hrbaty in Slovakia.
IP Logged

hi gays my english isn't so well but as we say en egypt >>forword Andy<<
IP Logged

Hi and welcome to MurraysWorld! wave

as we say en egypt >>forword Andy<<

And what does that mean?
IP Logged

It means my Friend >>Come on Andy<<
and welcom you
IP Logged

Cool Smile
IP Logged

hi gays my english isn't so well but as we say en egypt >>forword Andy<<

Hi gays...lol...if he only knew...bless him!!!
IP Logged
Pages: [1] Reply