MurraysWorld  >  Playground  >  The General Knowledge Quiz!
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 ... 35 Reply

The General Knowledge Quiz!

Indeed it is Steve Finnan. Gave too big a clue.

Oh, didn't think of him.
IP Logged

He played for Notts County, and Fulham when they progressed under Tigana. Smile What team did he play for in the Conf?
IP Logged

Pretty sure Guppy would have been right too if he hadn't already retired.
IP Logged

He played for Welling United in the Conference.
IP Logged

I'll have to look into Guppy. Looking at his career stats on Wikipedia it looks possible. Just need to figure out which leagues all the teams were in at the time.
IP Logged

Hmm, have never heard of them personally.

Love football puzzles, don't have any on me right now though!

Who was the youngest ever winner of the Academy Award for 'Best actor in a leading (not supporting) role'?
IP Logged

I'll have to look into Guppy. Looking at his career stats on Wikipedia it looks possible. Just need to figure out which leagues all the teams were in at the time.

I'm pretty sure he's right as well.  With the Wanderers in the Conf, Div 3 and Div 2, Port Vale Div 1 and Leicester PL.  He must have played in the CL and Uefa in 4 years with Celtic.
IP Logged

Ok it appears Guppy would have played in the Conference and Division 3 with Wycombe. They won promotion in 93-94 and Wikipedia says he left to Newcastle in 94 so can't confirm if he played in Divison 2 with them. Port Vale 94-97 so that's Division 1 and Premiership with Leicester. Just unsure about Division 2.

Obviously FA Cup with all them and he was at Celtic 2001-2004 so would have played in Europe, but would it have been both UEFA Cup and CL?

At least he's retired so technically, he was the wrong answer to the question. Smile
IP Logged

Actually I think he left before the start of the season.  I'd ask my Dad if he was awake, I'm sure he'd know.  Also he only seems to have been retired for two weeks, having been released from the Rochester Rhinos on the 5th November.
IP Logged

Hmm, have never heard of them personally.

Love football puzzles, don't have any on me right now though!

Who was the youngest ever winner of the Academy Award for 'Best actor in a leading (not supporting) role'?

Macaulay Culkin?

2nd Guess: Haley Joel Osment
IP Logged

I looked, it wasn't either of them.

Clue: he was in the King Kong film a couple of years ago.
IP Logged

No idea, never saw it.
IP Logged

Sorry, can't recall much of the cast on King Kong.
IP Logged

Jack Black was in King Kong was he not? Can't have been him...... must have been someone else in it?  Think

IP Logged

Jack Black was in King Kong was he not? Can't have been him...... must have been someone else in it?  Think

Yeah, I remember most of the main cast. I just can't remember the ones with less screen time.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 ... 35 Reply