How to play
The objective of this game is to predict the winner and the number of sets for the selected matches for the relevant matchday.
People with the highest scores will be published on a weekly and yearly leaderboard and the person with most number of points at the end of the year wins.Entry
To enter, all you are required to do is give your predictions by replying to the relevant matchday topics
in this section of the forum.
Example:Murray beats Federer in 3 Scoring - the details
Points are given for correctly predicting the following:The Rules
1 point - winner's name.
3 points - winner's name and the number of sets.
Banker - each day, players will assign their banker to one of their predictions. Ideally, this is the prediction that they are the most sure of. The banker will allow for double points on that prediction.
These points will be counted weekly (at the end of the tournament) and the people with the highest amount of points will awarded these points for their overall position that week.
1st - 10 points
2nd - 8 points
3rd - 6 points
4th - 5 points
5th - 4 points
6th - 3 points
7th - 2 points
8th - 1 point
Example: If you end the week 1st on 30 points you will receive 10 points for that week. If you end that same week 2nd out of everyone on 29 points you will receive 8 points etc.
1) Deadlines for predictions are always set by the organiser. This deadline will be at some point before the chosen matches begin and are based on UK time unless otherwise stated.
2) Matchday threads only count when they are posted at least 8 hours before the deadline. This rule does not apply in exceptional circumstances, for example if the OOP is released late or by night, and in such a case the decision as to whether the match thread counts is left at the discretion of the staff.
3) You are not allowed to change your prediction once the deadline has passed.
4) All posts made after the deadline, or posts edited after the deadline for any reason will not count
5) In case a match is postponed till the next day due to rain or some other unforeseen reason, the prediction that was made the day before will still be valid but changes will not not be allowed.
6) In case either of the two players retire due to injury then points will be awarded following the scoring system. i.e. if the winner is correct then 1 point is awarded, if it is a bankers choice then 2 points will be awarded.
7) You cannot ask someone to post your predictions for you. If you know you will be unavailable for a matchday then you need to give your predictions in the previous matchday thread. You cannot make a single post predicting results for several future matchday threads, only one post with predictions for the next future matchday thread.
In all cases, the final decision rests with MW staff.