MurraysWorld  >  Sports Talk  >  Football Talk
Pages: 1 ... 534 535 536 [537] 538 539 540 ... 575 Reply

Football Talk

What was it all about?  I fail to see.  More wages?  More money for him to spend on prostitutes while his gorgeous wife suffers that humiliation?  Totally nuts...  Frown

Well as I'm not a season ticket holder, I have little to complain about but I'll give my two penneth whilst I have the opportunity Whistle

It's amazing how the quality of the team (one of his reasons, I hear, why he was unhappy at the club) has changed after a whacking payrise blink  It's an obsence amount of money to pay a player who, by all accounts, was sh*te at the World Cup and hasn't improved any since being back playing football at club level. 

I wonder if Colleen will remain with him?  If she'd any sense, she'd give him the boot. 

And on that note, I had high hopes for Yvonne Keating but it seems that Ronan poking his bits in another woman means nothing wtf 
IP Logged
Joe

Well as I'm not a season ticket holder, I have little to complain about but I'll give my two penneth whilst I have the opportunity Whistle

It's amazing how the quality of the team (one of his reasons, I hear, why he was unhappy at the club) has changed after a whacking payrise blink  It's an obsence amount of money to pay a player who, by all accounts, was sh*te at the World Cup and hasn't improved any since being back playing football at club level. 

I wonder if Colleen will remain with him?  If she'd any sense, she'd give him the boot. 

And on that note, I had high hopes for Yvonne Keating but it seems that Ronan poking his bits in another woman means nothing wtf 

Colleen knows what side her bread's buttered on - she'll wait around until her own career can sustain her current lifestyle, or she'll get the divorce now and take her share of his future earnings!
IP Logged

She should take the money and run as she might get something she didn't bargain for. doctor
IP Logged

A product that serves who?  A bunch of tribal morons who pay through the nose to sit on the terraces and get their aggression out by shouting the loudest?  For me, football has gone nuts in terms of the money these guys get paid.  It's utterly ridiculous.  It's a sport gone mad.

IMO, football survives only because of this tribalism. Think about tennis - Andy aside, you can watch it impartially and enjoy the spectacle. People who watch football don't do so neutrally. If you took away the tribalism, the spectacle just isn't worth watching.

Think about it - when did you actually last genuinely enjoy a game of football? Sky hype it up to the nth degree and have you all paying through your noses. Sky have brainwashed an entire nation.
IP Logged

Think about it - when did you actually last genuinely enjoy a game of football?
Think  OMG, it was when Liverpool won on penalties against AC Milan in the Champions League and I can't believe it was 5 years ago. blink  Football is available on Sky here but usually in the early hours of the morning, although they have replays on during the day.
IP Logged

Think  OMG, it was when Liverpool won on penalties against AC Milan in the Champions League and I can't believe it was 5 years ago. blink  Football is available on Sky here but usually in the early hours of the morning, although they have replays on during the day.

Right, the last games I enjoyed were:

1) The semi-final of the European Championships in 1984: France v Portugal (watch it on YouTube - that's REAL football).
2) Anything involving Waddle and Papin from their spell at Olympique Marseilles in the late 80s.
3) Some of the 1990 World Cup.

IP Logged

People watch today's crappy football for the same reason they now think it's cool to have a white car (even though everyone used to think they look like vans), or vampires are 'sexy' or tattoos are no longer rough. It's because they're brainwashed.
IP Logged

I think watching the current Barcelona team is one of the finest spectacles in sport.

Masters of their craft, much like watching Federer from 2004-2006.
IP Logged

3) Some of the 1990 World Cup.

Happened to be in Italy during the World Cup - fantastic atmosphere though we seemed to be outnumbered by Germans in the vacinity lol

People watch today's crappy football for the same reason they now think it's cool to have a white car (even though everyone used to think they look like vans), or vampires are 'sexy' or tattoos are no longer rough. It's because they're brainwashed.

Don't get me started on tattoos no despite having a son that has two Eyebrow raise.
IP Logged

Time to start booking these idiots

At first it started off as something of a laugh. Then it turned into finely tuned parodies to give a team a bit of profile. Then it hit the A-league.

Now it's gone too far. What am I talking about? Goal celebrations.

http://nz.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/post/-/mikekilpatrick/5212/1

Cracking goal in the bottom clip in the link yes
IP Logged

There is no better feeling than a late winner in football. Nothing can beat that moment of throwing across the room whatever you happen to be holding or have near you, whether it's the TV remote or a drink or your dinner or computer or whatever, so you can explode up off the chair/bed and go beserk right up at the screen.

Similarly conceding a late winner/equaliser is about the worst feeling you can have.
IP Logged

Gareth Bale, best left back in the world right now?
IP Logged

Gareth Bale, best left back in the world right now?
Not bad looking either!
IP Logged

Given he's not a left back and never will be, no. Very fine left winger at the top of his game however, and will almost certainly be Giggs replacement at United next season. Ready made for it and would be absolutely stunned if he's not at least in Manchester next year. Redknapp can say he's not for sale all he likes but just like Berbatov, when United eventually offer the 30m late in the summer and double his wages, he'll be off.
[ Last edit by invisibleman18 November 03, 2010, 10:17 am ] IP Logged

Redknapp says he still sees him as a left back, although I agree he offers more going forward, raped Maicon for fun last night.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 534 535 536 [537] 538 539 540 ... 575 Reply