MurraysWorld  >  Tennis Talk  >  Alexander Zverev
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 Reply

Alexander Zverev

Didn't see the match but read about it on the ATP website.  Really hope the injury isn't too serious, although I admit it doesn't sound good.
IP Logged

That must be so frustrating.  I suppose he could miss Wimbledon if it’s broken.   As Nadal said not the way anyone likes to win.   
IP Logged

Zverev's ankle isn't broken, but “I am now on my way back home,” the World No. 3 wrote on Instagram. “Based on the first medical checks, it looks like I have torn several lateral ligaments in my right foot.  I will be flying to Germany to determine the best and quickest way for me to recover."

This is definitely not good news because torn foot ligaments can take up to 8 weeks to heal. Frown
IP Logged

I think Z shouldn't play until the US Open.  The poor thing, I feel so sorry for him.  Ankle injuries are always very painful, I know that.  I hope the doctors and the physios in Germany will be able to help him, wishing him a speedy recovery but realistically it won't be very speedy.  Best wishes to you Z, I think you've got loads of good luck wishes from all over the world, so that's really nice.
IP Logged

Zverev has now confirmed he has had surgery on his injury but has not placed a time frame on his return.

Writing on Instagram, Zverev said: “We all have our own journey in life. This is part of mine. Next week I’ll reach a career high ranking of number 2 in the world, but this morning I had to undergo surgery.

“After further examination in Germany, we received confirmation that all three of the lateral ligaments in my right ankle were torn.

“To return to competition as quickly as possible, to ensure all the ligaments heal properly, and to reclaim full stability in my ankle, surgery was the best choice.

“My rehab starts now and I’ll do everything to come back stronger than ever!

“I am continuing to receive so many messages and would like to thank everyone once again for supporting me during such a difficult time.”

https://www.tennis365.com/tennis-news/alexander-zverev-ankle-surgery/
IP Logged

Z has officially withdrawn from Wimbledon 
I really hope he'll be fit for the US Open.
IP Logged

Zverev's brother says Z should be able to return to the Tour without complications and he's making steady progress.  It's hoped that he'll be fit for the US Open this year although it's possible  that Z will be out for the rest of the season.
I really do hope he will play the US Open.
IP Logged

Zverev's brother says Z should be able to return to the Tour without complications and he's making steady progress.  It's hoped that he'll be fit for the US Open this year although it's possible  that Z will be out for the rest of the season.
I really do hope he will play the US Open.
Thanks for the update.  It would be nice if he returned for the USO but unfortunately these injuries can take a long time to heal.  Fingers crossed though!
IP Logged

This sounds encouraging -

https://www.tennisworldusa.org/tennis/news/ATP_Tennis/117329/alexander-zverev-provides-update-on-his-us-open-participation/
IP Logged

^  I hope he'll be able to play the US but it's only 5 weeks away, I wouldn't want him to play if he had any doubts about his ankle,
IP Logged

"Zverev Launches Foundation To Support Diabetics"

Alexander Zverev announced on Saturday the launch of the Alexander Zverev Foundation, which will support children with diabetes and provide medication for those in developing countries with the condition.

“Today, the Alexander Zverev Foundation has officially come to life, supporting children with type 1 diabetes and helping people prevent type 2 diabetes by living a healthy and active life,” Zverev wrote in his announcement. “Our mission is to provide insulin and life-saving medicine to children in developing countries and those in need."

“As a type 1 diabetic myself, I want to encourage children with diabetes to never give up on their dreams no matter what others might say to you,” Zverev added.

The 25-year-old ended his post with a quote: “The only limit is the one you set yourself.”

https://www.atptour.com/en/news/zverev-announces-foundation-2022
IP Logged

"Zverev Launches Foundation To Support Diabetics"

Alexander Zverev announced on Saturday the launch of the Alexander Zverev Foundation, which will support children with diabetes and provide medication for those in developing countries with the condition.

“Today, the Alexander Zverev Foundation has officially come to life, supporting children with type 1 diabetes and helping people prevent type 2 diabetes by living a healthy and active life,” Zverev wrote in his announcement. “Our mission is to provide insulin and life-saving medicine to children in developing countries and those in need."

“As a type 1 diabetic myself, I want to encourage children with diabetes to never give up on their dreams no matter what others might say to you,” Zverev added.

The 25-year-old ended his post with a quote: “The only limit is the one you set yourself.”

https://www.atptour.com/en/news/zverev-announces-foundation-2022

Sorry to hear that Sascha has type 1 diabetes, he manages it very well and I wouldn't have known.
Hope his ankle will soon be better and hope we'll see him playing again soon.
IP Logged

Zverev is still hoping to play in the USO but even if he doesn't will play for Germany in the Davis Cup matches which run from 13-18 September.

https://sportsnaut.com/alexander-zverev-ankle-nearing-decision-on-u-s-open/
IP Logged

^ The USO confirmed today that Zverev has withdrawn.
IP Logged

^ Oh sorry he won't play at the USO but it isn't very surprising.  He needs to make a full recovery from his ankle injury which was very bad, poor thing.  Hope he'll be able to play some of the later tournaments in the year, and he probably will  play for Germany in the Davis Cup in September?
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 Reply