MurraysWorld  >  Tennis Talk  >  ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players
Pages: 1 ... 1675 1676 1677 [1678] 1679 1680 1681 ... 1708 Reply

ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players

Tsitsipas lost - so sorry 
IP Logged

Medvedev lost too - he didn't like the hot weather in Tokyo.
IP Logged

Medvedev lost too - he didn't like the hot weather in Tokyo.
I don't blame him.  One woman player had to be taken off court in a wheelchair suffering for heat exhaustion.   He and Djoko were trying to get the tennis matches scheduled for later, but it seems to have fallen on deaf ears, although I suppose if they made exceptions for tennis then they'd have to do it with other sports as well.  The 1964 Tokyo Olympics were held in the autumn so I don't know why they didn't do it this time round.
IP Logged

^  I thought they had succeeded in getting the matches scheduled for one hour later but not sure
I wonder why they didn't have the Olympics in Autumn,  it would have been more sensible.
I read about that woman player,  poor thing.
IP Logged

^  I thought they had succeeded in getting the matches scheduled for one hour later but not sure
I wonder why they didn't have the Olympics in Autumn,  it would have been more sensible.
I read about that woman player,  poor thing.
They did reschedule matches to start at 12:30 but after what happened to Medvedev and Badosa they began starting them at 3pm.  It's ridiculous that players have to suffer before anything gets done about it.
IP Logged

Pablo CarreƱo Busta takes the bronze beating Djokovic:-

6-4, 6-7, 6-3

IP Logged

That's very good, pleased Djoko didn't win bronze or, actually, anything  yay
IP Logged

Yes, I see that John Peers and Ash Barty won the bronze in the mixed doubles.
IP Logged

Ash Barty deserves a medal she'll be happy
I don't know who John Peers is, but he'll be happy too.
It must be wonderful to win an Olympic medal for your country  yay
Thanks for all the news waverlybear Smile
IP Logged

^  It says Djokovic withdrew from the bronze medal match because of injury.  His partner had to withdraw from it too . . . of course
So it was a walkover for Ash and John which is all right .
IP Logged

I feel for Novak. A golden slam would have been great.
IP Logged

Anyone know why the gold medal match is indoors. Is it because of the bad heat experiences?
IP Logged

^  It says Djokovic withdrew from the bronze medal match because of injury.  
More then one injury if this report is to be believed, although from what I've read about his behaviour during the match it sounds more like he had some sort of mental breakdown - https://www.eurosport.co.uk/tennis/tokyo-2020/2021/tokyo-2020-olympics-novak-djokovic-i-m-suffering-from-more-than-one-injury-at-olympic-games_sto8460899/story.shtml

Anyone know why the gold medal match is indoors. Is it because of the bad heat experiences?
I can't find any reason for this but suspect you could be right.
IP Logged

Federer has pulled out of Toronto and Cincinnati due to ongoing problems with his knee.

Djokovic too has pulled out of Toronto along with Thiem, Goffin, Wawrinka (all of them due to injury) along with Zverev, Berretini, Raonic and Carreno Busta, who all not surprisingly want time to recover from the Olympics.

https://www.atptour.com/en/news/federer-withdrawal-2021-toronto-cincinnati-thursday
IP Logged

Maybe we should have a list of the players who actually are intending to play at Toronto?  wub
RF will be 40 tomorrow, time to retire. He has rarely suffered with injuries throughout his long career, but last year he had an arthroscopy on both his knees.  I know about arthroscopies and you shouldn't expect to be able to play highly competitive tennis matches afterwards.
He was unable, because of the pandemic and his knees, to play much tennis in 2020 and he hasn't played in many tournaments in 2021.
RF is used to being constantly questioned about his retirement, it's high time he told the press and his legion of fans the date of his forthcoming retirement.
He'll listen to me if no one else I'm sure Smile Smile
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1675 1676 1677 [1678] 1679 1680 1681 ... 1708 Reply