MurraysWorld  >  Tennis Talk  >  ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players
Pages: 1 ... 1696 1697 1698 [1699] 1700 1701 1702 ... 1706 Reply

ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players

Holger Rune plays Cam Norrie today in the Lyon semi finals ..............
IP Logged

Anyone watching Jo Wilfred Tsonga’s possible  last match against Casper Rudd?  The crowd are quite emotional - me too! He’s one of the good guys.

Well that was it.  Sadly got a shoulder injury at the end of fourth set.

Lovely farewell ceremony with his family  coaches and French players.  There were also video messages from Andy, Federer, Nadal and Djokovic.

[ Last edit by waverlybear May 24, 2022, 06:02 pm ] IP Logged

Anyone watching Jo Wilfred Tsonga’s possible  last match against Casper Rudd?  The crowd are quite emotional - me too! He’s one of the good guys.

Well that was it.  Sadly got a shoulder injury at the end of fourth set.

Lovely farewell ceremony with his family  coaches and French players.  There were also video messages from Andy, Federer, Nadal and Djokovic.

Thanks waverlybear Smile  This is nice to watch too:

IP Logged

Naomi Osaka lost in R1 at the FO which was a bit disappointing for her and for us.
She says she isn't sure if she'll play at Wimbledon because of the ranking points decision and because she thinks playing there will be more like taking part in an exhibition.
I hope she will decide to play but it's her decision, she can do whatever she wants of course.
IP Logged

Djokovic, Medvedev, Zverev -This is very interesting:

https://www.atptour.com/en/news/djokovic-medvedev-zverev-roland-garros-2022-rankings-projection
IP Logged

Thanks waverlybear Smile  This is nice to watch

Thanks moonglow.  They showed some of the comments at the ceremony.  Nice to see the whole thing.
IP Logged

Alcaraz plays Khachanov today - good luck Carlos  cmon yeah

(( https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2022/may/28/no-escaping-alcaraz-why-teenage-sensation-could-be-next-big-thing ))
IP Logged

I see Leylah Fernandez is playing a a Fourth round match today.  Maybe not winning at the US Open has been a blessing in disguise.  I know that sounds strange, but she seems under less pressure (probably apart from Canadian press) than Emma Raducanu.
IP Logged

I see Leylah Fernandez is playing a a Fourth round match today.  Maybe not winning at the US Open has been a blessing in disguise.  I know that sounds strange, but she seems under less pressure (probably apart from Canadian press) than Emma Raducanu.

I don't think it would have helped Emma though if she hadn't won the USO final. She'd still have got massive media attention and would have been pressured to flourish. As it is, she knows she has won a GS, regardless of anything ahead and that takes an edge off any criticism. It is the holy grail for top players and most never manage it. Leyla may get there, but remains to be seen. She is another one who could do with telling her dad to take a back seat.
[ Last edit by althusser May 29, 2022, 11:22 pm ] IP Logged

Tsitsipas lost today to Holger Rune  cmon yeah
IP Logged

Zverev plays Alcaraz tomorrow, Z might win, but I like Alcaraz too.
IP Logged

Marin Cilic just played an incredible match against Medvedev.  He won in straight sets 6-2 6-3 6-2.  I kept expecting Medvedev to turn it around.   
IP Logged

^  that's so great,  well done Cilic! Medvedev won't be pleased!
IP Logged

Zverev plays Alcaraz tomorrow, Z might win, but I like Alcaraz too.
Zverev won 6-4, 6-4, 4-6, 7-6(9-7), which is great news! Smile
IP Logged

Zverev won 6-4, 6-4, 4-6, 7-6(9-7), which is great news! Smile
Ihrer bescheidenen Meinung nach Aileen…….isnae mine  naughty
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1696 1697 1698 [1699] 1700 1701 1702 ... 1706 Reply