MurraysWorld  >  Tennis Talk  >  Brad's Blog
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 32 Reply

Brad's Blog

Lol, another name for Jamie.

Booray is easier to use for Jamie and Eric double team.
IP Logged

Didnt think Jamie and Buto got into Vegas open?
IP Logged

I think Booray just miss it out.
IP Logged

Didnt think Jamie and Buto got into Vegas open?
I think Booray just miss it out.

They did just miss out.
[ Last edit by Allan February 25, 2007, 06:30 pm ] IP Logged

WC maybe?
IP Logged

Looked at the draw there and they are still not in it. Frown
IP Logged

Looked at the draw there and they are still not in it. Frown
Quote from: Jamie Murray
hey guys...just arrived in vegas...its 140am here...we're gonna sign for alternate...we missed the cut by one...killer...
IP Logged

Crying or Very sad shocking

Poor Jamie. That must be a real bummer.

Who do I start praying for to get sick and drop out?
IP Logged

3.2.2007 -

There’s a real messy situation that’s been brewing in Vegas the last two days. First Korolev is in the quarterfinals, then he’s not, and now he is. When Juan Martin del Potro pulled the ripcord down 6-1 3-1 in their final round robin match that ultimately sealed James Blake’s fate. I’m all for trying new ideas like on court coaching but this round robin system has to be scrapped- it’s just too confusing for the players and fans. What went down at The Tennis Channel Open taints the tournament and just goes to show you that tennis desperately needs a commissioner.

Think Strong opinions. I think he was against it from the start. I guess people that like the format will argue that all it needs is sounder rules - after all the other rules in tennis have been developing over years, and it's not surprising that the RR format had some holes in v1.
IP Logged

Think Strong opinions. I think he was against it from the start. I guess people that like the format will argue that all it needs is sounder rules - after all the other rules in tennis have been developing over years, and it's not surprising that the RR format had some holes in v1.
I think most of us were against it from the start. You don't need to experience it to know it was going to be sh*t. But yes, it's understandable that v1 has bugs, even a bug where players can knock their rivals our of the tournament by retiring.
[ Last edit by Mark March 04, 2007, 02:37 pm ] IP Logged

Well I from the beginning saw some advantages (while agreeing with most objections), the main one being extra practice at times like pre-AO and pre-Wimby on Grass, so I think if they improve the rules, and (drastically) reduce the number of tournaments that use the format, the players will come to like it. No-one likes to go out round 1 in Queens thus ruining Wimbledon prep.

Remains to be seen if the tennis gods are pragmatic enough to come up with something like that or not.
IP Logged

I think everyone saw some advantages but it seems most people correctly predicted they wouldn't outweigh the disadvantages. Round Robin is a disaster and most of us knew it before it was introduced.
[ Last edit by Mark March 06, 2007, 09:25 am ] IP Logged

3.7.2007 -
Big win for Lleyton Hewitt last week in Vegas. I expect that will do wonders for his confidence, which he’s going to need if he makes it to the fourth round against Federer here at Indian Wells. It’s nice to be back in the desert, we’ve been working out on site and at La Quinta. Today I watched Alex Bogdanovic win his qualifying match against Delic. People were looking at me and asking me why I was there. I’ve been working with Alex for a couple of months and believe in his game.

With the Williams sisters, Henin, Clijsters and Mauresmo out - the women’s draw continues to be a disappointment. I’m surprised that Justine didn’t want to add to her desert double this week. I really hope that one of these days we get all of the big name women players here. The men’s draw has everyone in the top 30 except for Ancic. I was also good to see that three American men got wildcards here.

IP Logged

... I’ve been working with Alex for a couple of months and believe in his game ...

As far as I am concerned as long as your focus stays on Andy, Brad, you can believe in Boggos game and please your employers as much as you want...
IP Logged

3.11.2007 - As a fan I’m now deeming Indian Wells as the best venue for spectators to enjoy tennis. There are way more practice courts here than at Key Biscayne and they are sunken which makes watching the guys and girls practice a lot more fun. It’s not like the US Open and a lot of other places where the fan access is seriously restricted. Yesterday I was scouting a match and I was taking to a guy who said he never even goes into the stadium court here. If you can get here for the first week you will see some incredible match ups on the outer courts and the other great thing is that they don’t charge an arm and a leg for tickets during the first few days.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 32 Reply