MurraysWorld  >  Tennis Talk  >  Fed Cup Team
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Reply

Fed Cup Team

I've not seen any of this, but have been listening to the results.  Thanks me dear.
IP Logged

https://www.fedcup.com/en/draws-results/group-i/europe-africa/2019.aspx.aspx

SERBIA | SAT 4.15PM

KATIE BOULTER WINS    6-4 6-3
JO KONTA vs KRUNIC     7-6 | 3-6 | JO FAINTS | is resurrected | 6-2 | ON THE FLOOR AGAIN | RESURRECTED AGAIN

* gbWIN.png (613.75 KB, 815x462 - viewed 254 times.)

* MEDALS.png (232.57 KB, 516x297 - viewed 434 times.)
[ Last edit by Tonedial February 10, 2019, 03:22 pm ] IP Logged

Poor girl, but she played fantastically in those last few games. Really admirable.
IP Logged

1.30pm | konta beats dias 4-6 6-3 6-2

https://www.flashscores.co.uk/match/UDVZ5Uxb/#match-summary

4.35pm | boulter v putintseva

Katie loses out in a tight 3 set match. . .

https://www.flashscores.co.uk/match/rHZw5lh4/#match-summary
[ Last edit by Tonedial April 20, 2019, 07:28 pm ] IP Logged

Go Jo! Really solidified her game in the second half of the match.
IP Logged

12.00pm | konta v putintseva
Jo snatches the final set 7-5 after trailing 1-4

https://www.flashscores.co.uk/match/xvZs487A/#match-summary

2.50pm | boulter v diyas

katie Wins 6-7 6-4 6-1

[ Last edit by Tonedial April 21, 2019, 05:46 pm ] IP Logged

Fantastic win for Konta!  She is such a different competitor when in this situation.

Couldn't see the video link which was a pity. Can we see the Boulter match?
IP Logged

* britz.jpg (132.76 KB, 1168x594 - viewed 251 times.)
[ Last edit by Tonedial April 22, 2019, 11:44 am ] IP Logged

What a team! Jo was amazing and they both had such terrific comebacks after going down a set!
IP Logged

Amazeballs. Excellent teamwork.
IP Logged

Very fun weekend of tennis. Hope that Jo can find her fight on the tour now. Think she needs matches where she has to dig deep to get her into that mindset. Also hope Katie can start doing more on tour. She has a decent serve and hits the ball pretty flat.

Bloody uncomfortable seats at the Copper Box and an extremely stupid rule about not being allowed to take full water bottles in, but you could take empty ones in and queue at the food place to get a refill... resulted in a lot of people just pouring water away outside the venue, which is just plain wasteful.

Sounds like the players got annoyed about the Kazak band, particularly the trombonist/trumpeteer. But he was pretty talented and I thought good fun.
IP Logged

Very fun weekend of tennis. Hope that Jo can find her fight on the tour now. Think she needs matches where she has to dig deep to get her into that mindset. Also hope Katie can start doing more on tour. She has a decent serve and hits the ball pretty flat.

Bloody uncomfortable seats at the Copper Box and an extremely stupid rule about not being allowed to take full water bottles in, but you could take empty ones in and queue at the food place to get a refill... resulted in a lot of people just pouring water away outside the venue, which is just plain wasteful.

Sounds like the players got annoyed about the Kazak band, particularly the trombonist/trumpeteer. But he was pretty talented and I thought good fun.
I loved the trumpeter even if he was an opponent. I'd definitely rather listen to him on changeovers than all the crap pop that's standard nowadays. One of the things I love about watching a match on TennisTV on an outside court is that there isn't any soundtrack, just life going on!
IP Logged

Katie had to fight for her first set against Zacarias but once she'd won it, 7-5, she totally took over and bageled Z in the second set. Good start! Heather's turn now.
IP Logged

I really enjoy watching Katie Boulter when she is in the mood. She is a great team player who seems to do better when the result matters a lot!?

If she could play like she did yesterday in early rounds of good tournaments she would be a top 50 player. Let us hope that she gets her ranking back up to what she deserves and we can see her come to the top in UK women's tennis.  The others are not that good imo!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Reply