MurraysWorld  >  Tennis Talk  >  Predict the 2016 EOY Top 10
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Reply

Predict the 2016 EOY Top 10

If I did this top ten today, I would put Fritz in it. Has nothing to defend. Might even make the O2.

I'd be shocked if that happened. He's doing well now, but there's 9/10 months to go and young players rarely have the consistency in their first big year. Reasonable to think based on current results that he could end the year in the top 40, but I think top 50 more likely.

He could of course have an impressive slam run which could inflate his ranking to top 30.

Don't want to do the kid down - think he is very mature in his attitude and hits big off both wings, but wait and see what happens throughout the year, it is a long season.
IP Logged

I've not seen a hotter 18-y-o since Agassi. If Fritz wins Acapulco, he'll be top 40 already. It's really not impossible.
IP Logged

Hmm.   Tricky.

1 Djokovic
2 murray
3 Federer
4 Nadal
5 Wawrinka
6 Ferrer
7 Berdych
8 Nishikori
9 Raonic
10 Anderson

I'd like to swap my Anderson for a Goffin.  Very Happy
IP Logged

AAAAAaaaahhh! I went for Atomic  doh
IP Logged

Oh dear.  Very Happy
IP Logged

^ Oi stop laughing!  Embarassed
Cos I see you got Ferrer at 6  lmao
IP Logged

Lol.  Yeah, Ferrer seems to be heading in the wrong direction.  Come back Daveeeed!  Very Happy
IP Logged

Here's a game that I have absolutely no chance of winning. Predict the end-of-year ATP men's top ten.

One point for naming a top-tenner; three points for the correct position.

Deadline: start of the Aussie Open on 17th Jan.

I'm going with:

1 Djokovic
2 Murray
3 Wawrinka
4 Nadal
5 Federer
6 Nishikori
7 Kyrgios
8 Ferrer
9 Berdych
10 Thiem

My initial thoughts were that Berdych and Ferrer might drop out of the top ten, but I can't think of anyone who's ready to replace them.  It's tricky.

I scored 7. How about you?
IP Logged

only just realised that this was referring to this year not next.  Did think it was a rather odd list you started with grab!  doh
And congrats to Matthew - the only one to predict Andy at no 1  clap
IP Logged

1. Murray
2. Djokovic
3. Nadal
4. Federer
5. Wawrinka
6. Ferrer
7. Berdych
8. Isner
9. Raonic
10. Tomic

6 overall. And only Murray and Djokovic in the right places. Some poor choices, especially Tomic, Ferrer and Isner.
IP Logged

only just realised that this was referring to this year not next.  Did think it was a rather odd list you started with grab!  doh
lol  Like you I had no idea that this thread even existed until now.  Quite interesting reading the different predictions though, and well done to Matthew for getting Andy right!
IP Logged

Sorry we didn't play this game for this year - I think it's too late now ?
IP Logged

Sorry we didn't play this game for this year - I think it's too late now ?
Just a little bit.  Wink    I suspect most of us would have got it woefully wrong anyway because nobody could possibly predicted all these injuries.
IP Logged

^  It's taken me half an hour to find this thread, I couldn't seem to remember where it was .....

Yes all the injuries couldn't have been predicted by the ATP or us or anyone  ...

Maybe, that is, if we can find the thread, we could try again in 2018?
IP Logged

^ I think we should because I think next year will be very interesting indeed.  In fact if I remember, I'll open a thread myself.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Reply