MurraysWorld  >  Tennis Talk  >  Stefanos Tsitsipas
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 Reply

Stefanos Tsitsipas

Stefanos says he took tennis too seriously last year but has found a better balance on and off the court this year -
https://www.tennisworldusa.org/tennis/news/Tennis_Stories/83862/stefanos-tsitsipas-i-took-tennis-too-seriously-and-expected-too-much-from-myself/
IP Logged

https://www.flashscore.co.uk/match/Kz2kFCfo/#match-summary
[ Last edit by Tonedial February 10, 2020, 10:02 pm ] IP Logged
ATS

I initially liked Stefanos. But at the moment I'm struggling with him.  His passion seems to be film making, not tennis.  His cod psychology or pseudo intellectual tweets.

But then he's only young, and perhaps I'm a miserable old git!
IP Logged

I initially liked Stefanos. But at the moment I'm struggling with him.  His passion seems to be film making, not tennis.  His cod psychology or pseudo intellectual tweets.

Well you said it!  lol   Seriously though I can't make up my mind about him either, so it'll be interesting to see what happens once tennis starts up again.

Like so many top players though Stefanos has been doing his bit to help out during the pandemic.  This from the ATP website -

"Stefanos Tsitsipas, the reigning Nitto ATP Finals champion, has found a new way to give back during the COVID-19 pandemic. The Greek has launched 'Beyond 100 Support', an auction for which any money raised will go towards the Player Relief Programme, which will provide much-needed assistance to the players who are particularly affected during this time of the coronavirus crisis."
IP Logged

I initially liked Stefanos. But at the moment I'm struggling with him.  His passion seems to be film making, not tennis.  His cod psychology or pseudo intellectual tweets.

he is Greek what can I say, speaking out on thing that us Brits would never dream of is Nothing to do with him being a bad person, just a different attitude to life.
I know this because I am a Brit who has lived In Greece for many years
Also most other players tweet or discuss issues online, Twitter etc, in their own language, Stefanos does this in English and something’s get lost In translation.
[ Last edit by Tennispark May 24, 2020, 11:51 pm ] IP Logged

This article was written just before the 2021 Australian Open.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/55893186?xtor=CS8-1000-%5BPromo_Box%5D-%5BNews_Promo%5D-%5BNews_Promo%5D-%5BPS_SPORT~N~sport/tennis/55893186~P_AustralianOpen_StefanosTsitsipasFamilyBondAndTheDayHeNearlyDrowned%5D
IP Logged

Fascinating article.  Thanks moonglow. Smile
IP Logged

I think Tsiitsipas will do well at the French Open this year.  He'll be on a high having just won in Lyon.
He's doing well in the Race for Turin too, he definitely is a player to watch.
Good luck Tsitsipas - you're a good player  cmon yeah cmon yeah yay
IP Logged

^  I was right!  Tsitsipas did very well at the FO, he reached the final and he played very well throughout the tournament.  I think Tsitsopas plays well on grass and on all surfaces and I predict he'll win a grand slam title this year Smile

Tsitsipas you are a great player, you're having a good year, I am with you all the way! Smile  yay
IP Logged

Rafa will lose his No 3 ranking on Monday - Tsitsipas is ranked 4 now, but will be ranked 3 on Monday  yay

I think I'm right - good luck Tsitsipas soon be Number 1 !  cmon yeah cmon yeah
IP Logged

Rafa will lose his No 3 ranking on Monday - Tsitsipas is ranked 4 now, but will be ranked 3 on Monday  yay

I think I'm right - good luck Tsitsipas soon be Number 1 !  cmon yeah cmon yeah
He's still got a long way to go before he catches up with Djokovic who's 4,000 points ahead.  Medvedev is quite a bit ahead of him too.
IP Logged

He does have a long way to go but Djoko isn't playing Toronto and might lose points at the USO. Medvedev is an ok player I suppose.
IP Logged

I wasn't saying he won't be No.1 and in fact hope that he is at some point in the near future.
IP Logged

We'll keep our eyes on him and hope for the best  Smile
IP Logged

We must all have forgotten Tsitsipas!
Anyway he plays Bautista Agut in the final today (Mallorca).  Good luck Tsitsipas  cmon yeah
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 Reply