MurraysWorld  >  Tennis Talk  >  Stupid question about mixed doubles
Pages: [1] 2 Reply

Stupid question about mixed doubles

Can Jamie earn bucket loads of points by doing well in both the mixed and Gentlemens Doubles or do players just play the mixed for the experience and money. confused

Mod NoticeShortened topic title - it was very long.
[ Last edit by Mark July 06, 2007, 02:20 pm ] IP Logged

They don't get points for mixed just the money.
IP Logged

and for fun Smile
IP Logged

....and possibly a bit of huggin' anda kissin'!! Whistle wub hug
IP Logged

I'm definately thinking so the flirting that was going on between Jamie and Jelena. Looking for a bit of action there! [wink nudge]
IP Logged

Yeah and Jelena has already said she thinks Jamie probably fancies her Smile
[ Last edit by Mark July 05, 2007, 05:41 pm ] IP Logged

He did make the first move...
IP Logged

his Agent had the 1st move !
IP Logged

Really?
IP Logged

yeah ! he/she ( not sure which sex) got in touch with Jelena's people and asked her !

i dont think there is anything really go on with this two ! Jamie likes a polish girl , from what i no !
IP Logged

It's just Jelena in an interview suggested Andy was the one that chose her. I mean, if Andy wanted her then Patricio would be the one asking her so either way we can't really look much into it.

Remember Gonzalez's coach was unhappy that Murray didn't personally ring him but rather got Patricio to do it for him so just because his agent did the request doesn't mean Jamie wasn't the person who decided. Think
[ Last edit by Mark July 06, 2007, 12:49 am ] IP Logged

well... im just saying what i know

that could be the case, but from what i understand, Jamie's agent did it , something about agents were friends, or something !
IP Logged

Fair enough Smile
IP Logged

First Win for Murray/Jankovic

Wednesday, 4 July, 2007

Jamie Murray and Jelena Jankovic surprised themselves by winning their opening match against the British pairing of Richard Bloomfield and Sarah Borwell 3-6, 7-6, 6-4, and were then equally amazed at the demand for a post-match press conference.

“A press interview for Mixed Doubles? Weird or what!” the world number three, Jankovic said as she came into the room where she was joined by Murray. Obviously, as an out-of-towner, she may not be fully aware of how much interest there is in these Murray boys round these parts.

The partnership is obviously fun, as both players laughed and giggled their way through the press conference, much as they had done during the match. “We had a lot of fun – it’s very rare for me to play Mixed Doubles,” Jankovic went on to add.

There was a bit of confusion when asked to reveal who had suggested the partnership, but eventually Murray admitted he had made the first move.

Getting to know each was restricted to one early morning hit at Queen’s on the morning of the day as Murray also went to on admit he had never played Mixed Doubles before. “But it's nice,” he went on. “It’s great fun.”

The pair got off to a good start breaking the Borwell serve in the third game to take a 2-1 lead, but Murray dropped his serve in the sixth game to level the set at 3-3.

Jankovic was then unable to hold off two break points on her serve with Borwell executing a superb cross court winner to gain the advantage. Bloomfield didn’t hang around and with three set points he hit a powerful serve that Murray could only net, and the British pair were a set up.

The second set went to a tie-break and a stunning shot by Jankovic down the tramlines helped her and Murray on their way towards levelling the match.

By now the momentum was with the Scotsman and the Serb and after earning two breaks in the deciding set, they served out to take the match 3-6, 7-6 (7-4), 6-2.

There was a worry as to whether the pair would actually appear on court following Jankovic’s defeat in her previous day’s singles, as Murray confirmed: “I didn’t know if she was going to stick around” but then, while the partnership might be young, it is obviously one that could blossom.

Remembering that the Murray and Butorac partnership are individually and respectively nicknamed ‘Stretch’ and ‘Booty’, the burning question which now arises with regard to this new relationship is whether the two will follow that practise. They haven’t put forward any suggestions but the general consensus of those attending the press interview would be ‘Stretch’ and ‘Beauty’.

IP Logged

There was a bit of confusion when asked to reveal who had suggested the partnership, but eventually Murray admitted he had made the first move.
Interesting.
[ Last edit by Mark July 06, 2007, 12:06 pm ] IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 Reply