MurraysWorld  >  Tennis Talk  >  US Open, 2010 - Other Players
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 ... 63 Reply

US Open, 2010 - Other Players

Maybe their weather man is as flakey as ours .... the men with the mops are out on the court  Very Happy
IP Logged

Frown that would mean if it rains that long that it would be called off till tomorrow??
If it's postponed until tomorrow, all the better for Djokovic.

I think it's a bit unfair the way they play the SFs the day before the final.  OK, so in theory both players have the same disadvantage, but it's obvious that the player who either has the first SF slot or the easier match is going to have the greater advantage, and Nadal had both.
IP Logged

Yeah, play it tommorow during The Inbetweeners.

Selfish *****
IP Logged

Djokovic from USO quotes of the day -

"I don't know the rituals to invite the rain but an extra day would be great actually."
IP Logged

Court moppers-up have departed - raining again.
IP Logged

If they play today then Djokovic has no chance of winning.  If the rain delays play until tomorrow then the God smiles on Djokovic and he has a decent chance.
IP Logged

"King" Roger from quotes of the day -

"I won't watch. Look, I've been around tennis for weeks and weeks and weeks right now. Last thing I want to do is watch another tennis match which I'm not a part of. I will spend some time with my kids and take it easy, maybe go shopping."

Roger Federer must make alternative plans on the final day of the US Open for the first time since 2003.

Shame. Smile
IP Logged

Listening to the "talking heads" discussing Murray's woes, and several times, by several of them, it has been referred to as a "mental breakdown" while he was on court.  Serious words. I'm assuming there are no further problems with his gf?
IP Logged

Listening to the "talking heads" discussing Murray's woes, and several times, by several of them, it has been referred to as a "mental breakdown" while he was on court.  Serious words. I'm assuming there are no further problems with his gf?
We don't know about Kim, but, although Andy had a worrying mental aberration on court, this most definitely is not the same as a mental breakdown.  Had the latter been the case, he would have been unable to function.  As it was he managed to get through the interview, go back to his hotel and return to the UK.  I do wish people who haven't got the experience would stop throwing these sort of expressions out.
IP Logged

Ah, waiting on the rain to stop.  Rolling Eyes   This wouldn't happen at Wimbledon. yes
IP Logged

Ah, waiting on the rain to stop.  Rolling Eyes   This wouldn't happen at Wimbledon. yes

lol Loving the fact that it's now the rain causing problems at a GS final and it's not Wimbledon Smile
IP Logged

If they play today then Djokovic has no chance of winning.  If the rain delays play until tomorrow then the God smiles on Djokovic and he has a decent chance.

No offense, but I hate stuff like this.

Yeah, if they play on a Tuesday evening, Murray will walk it, however if they play on a Wednesday evening, Murray will fall.

What's the difference?
IP Logged

Federer struggles to explain USO defeat -

Roger Federer admits his game lacked something, but struggles to pinpoint what, after being knocked out of the US Open semi-finals by Serbia's Novak Djokovic 5-7 6-1 5-7 6-2 7-5

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/8991477.stm
[ Last edit by Aileen September 12, 2010, 11:10 pm ] IP Logged

Play cancelled until tomorrow.
IP Logged

Play cancelled until tomorrow.
yay   At least Dojko has got his rest day, so we might see a more exciting final.

Feel a bit sorry for the players, though.  Get themselves psyched up to play today and then nothing happens, but I suppose this is something they have to learn to live with.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 ... 63 Reply