MurraysWorld  >  Tennis Talk  >  US Open, 2010 - Other Players
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 ... 63 Reply

US Open, 2010 - Other Players

3rd US Open final in a row that starts on Monday.

Djokovic should win his second Slam tomorrow.
IP Logged

yay   At least Dojko has got his rest day, so we might see a more exciting final.

Feel a bit sorry for the players, though.  Get themselves psyched up to play today and then nothing happens, but I suppose this is something they have to learn to live with.

So any idea when they'll be hoping for play to start back tomorrow?
IP Logged

Better not be during the day, I want to watch after school.
IP Logged

3rd US Open final in a row that starts on Monday.

Djokovic should win his second Slam tomorrow.
Thought last year's was on the Sunday?
IP Logged

Thought last year's was on the Sunday?

Rain interruption came on the Friday/Saturday so they had to shift the mens semis to the Sunday.
IP Logged

So any idea when they'll be hoping for play to start back tomorrow?
Better not be during the day, I want to watch after school.
According to USO website, not before 4 pm (9 pm BST).  They've got the ladies' doubles to finish first, and that's starting at 3 pm.

Rain interruption came on the Friday/Saturday so they had to shift the mens semis to the Sunday.
Thanks.  That's the problem when you're retired, one day is pretty much the same as the next!  
[ Last edit by Aileen September 12, 2010, 11:50 pm ] IP Logged

Meh, so I'll be at tennis practice probably unless doubles takes 2 1/2 hours which is obviously unlikely.
IP Logged

Does anyone know what the top rankings will be after the US Open has finished please ? I believe Andy will be in fifth position ? Will Novak be number 2 if he wins & number 3 if he loses ? What about Roger ?
IP Logged

If this goes to 5, which is now a possibility, you could see the end of the match.  No way you could get out of your tennis practice?
IP Logged

No, I have a match on Tuesday and if I don't go to practices, I am not allowed to play in the following match.

Perhaps I could get my coaches to shorten practice, since they both are very fond of Nadal...Think

Ha, will try and hopefully succeed. I'd love to be able to watch Nadal hopefully finally win the USO.
IP Logged

yay so I'll see it Smile Fake a migraine and skive tennis practice V lol
IP Logged

Night folks wave see you tomorrow Smile
IP Logged

This is going to be tough to watch.  I want them both to win!

IP Logged

Does anyone know what the top rankings will be after the US Open has finished please ? I believe Andy will be in fifth position ? Will Novak be number 2 if he wins & number 3 if he loses ? What about Roger ?
My understanding was that Andy would still be 4 because Soderling didn't make it to the SFs?
IP Logged

We don't know about Kim, but, although Andy had a worrying mental aberration on court, this most definitely is not the same as a mental breakdown.  Had the latter been the case, he would have been unable to function.  As it was he managed to get through the interview, go back to his hotel and return to the UK.  I do wish people who haven't got the experience would stop throwing these sort of expressions out.
I think in fact they said 'mental meltdown' not 'breakdown'. They're very different and I think I've used the former phrase myself as that is how it looked from the outside anyway.  I'll be supporting Rafa tonight, though as I'm not a night owl and have got stuff to write tomorrow, I'm not going to stay up to watch the whole match.  At least Andy not being there means I can get some sleep. Whistle I'm sure they'll show highlights tomorrow which I can then record.

Apologies: only just noticed that I posted two together when should have combined them. doh

[ Last edit by Ruthie September 13, 2010, 03:15 pm ] IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 ... 63 Reply