MurraysWorld  >  Tennis Talk  >  US Open 2012: The Other Players
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 73 Reply

US Open 2012: The Other Players

I'm really going to miss Roddick. He brought so much personality to the tour, his press conferences were always good value! He had a fantastic career too - I'm sure he'd have won more than one slam had Federer not come along. Wimbledon 2009 is the slam I really wish he'd won - he so deserved that one.
IP Logged

Great off court. His interviews are classics and I'm sure he'll have a gr8 future as a commentator.
But on court could be a pain in the butt, as Laura would say, and a bit of a bully too.
Not a fan of his one dimensional tennis either.
IP Logged

But could also be vile to linespersons which I didn't like at all.  Although he had some good qualities on balance I was not a fan and while his serve was v effective I always thought his service motion v ugly.  That said I wanted him to beat smugfed in that Wimby final.

Speaking of ugly service motions - Marion Bartoli blink

IP Logged

Hi All,

Bartoli's service motion always looks weird to me, like she's got a bow and arrow in her hand or something. Also, what is with all that jumping around she does? I have to say I quite like her, but mainly because she is good comedy value. The woman strikes me being delightfully bonkers lol.

I'm not altogether surprised by Andy Roddick's decision. I thought it would come out of the blue to be honest, and it has.

I always had a love/hate relationship with Roddick. I was never really in to his style of tennis, and I do think he made an idiot out of himself at times when he went off on one at officials, but he has been great value in interviews, very funny. I like the way he seems respectful to other players as well. He seems to have fitted well in to that position of elder statesman of the sport. I thought it was brilliant to see him going to the referee with Andy and Nadal at the US last year, when the schedule was a nightmare.

I have to say the one thing I will remember Roddick for was his grace in losing to our Andy at Queen's last year. Andy basically thrashed him, but Roddick took it really well and managed to have a laugh during the match as well. It showed what a sport he is.

It does make you wonder how many slams Roddick could have won if Federer hadn't been in the way. At least one Wimbledon I reckon, possibly more.
IP Logged

Come on Laura yay In with a chance I'd say yay
IP Logged

Great scrap between Kerber and Williams.  I can't help it though - I can't watch Venus without seeing Popeye's pal Olive Oil.  Showing my age!!!!
IP Logged

Laura playing well. Gave back a break of serve. Back on serve!!
IP Logged

Laura has broken her again!!
IP Logged

I think Laura will win this match, she's a nice betting choice at the moment in my opinion.
IP Logged

Well held Laura. Keeping up the a aggressive play she was showing against Clijsters. Some cracking forehands. One away from the set.
IP Logged

Theres a huge fire billowing outside flushing meadows???? Police helicopters flying around!
IP Logged

Good to see Laura playing well again. Hopefully she'll keep it up. She's a fun player to watch when she's playing like this. Reminds a bit of my favourite female player Kvitova.
IP Logged

I was expected that break, think she will break here again to take the set though.
IP Logged

Back to on serve.

The burgers have probably gone on fire outside the arena. Just like Toronto or was it Cinci?
IP Logged

Li is nervous now, just need to get the ball back to her.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 73 Reply