MurraysWorld  >  Tennis Talk  >  US Open 2012: The Other Players
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 73 Reply

US Open 2012: The Other Players

That was a nice scream from Laura, pull yourself together here and get through this serve.
IP Logged

Tight set this one!!
IP Logged

That's how you do it Laura! Keep the pressure on now. Did so well to hold serve there.
IP Logged

My USO app is messing up. Showed Laura 2-1 up in the 2nd, I blinked and it was 3-3, now showing 2-1 again. Likewise Ferrer was in 3rd set, now showing he's still playing 2nd. Odd.
IP Logged

Some really good matches today. Roddick vs Tomic, Del Potor vs Harrision, Isner vs Nieminen, Dolgopolov vs Baghdatis, Hewitt vs Muller etc. - others just to keep an eye on.

I am glad I'll be able to watch Roddick tonight. I am indifferent to him but it will still be a bit emotional. He's been a genuine and honest guy though can be cocky at times. Would have been really happy for him had he won that 2009 Wimbledon title. I thought he really deserved it given that the number of finals he made there and it really came down to only a couple of points here and there. What a tough loss.

Also, the last American to win a major. Will be a lot of pressure on Isner and Harrison from this point on for sure.   

I reckon Harrison will win a major in the future. His brother is another big prospect, ranked inside the top 500 and barely 18.

They also have Novikov, Sock, Kudla, Fratangelo, Krueger who are good prospects, although only the first two probably future Slam hopefuls.

The future's bright for the Americans though. More so the Aussies (Tomic, Saville, Kubler, Duckworth, Mitchell, Kyrgios).
IP Logged

Nice hold again Laura. Keep putting yourself in a good position.
IP Logged

I feel Li has edged it up a notch in the last few games but a break now would do very nicely!
IP Logged

Come on hold here, then at least a tie break.
IP Logged

This is so impressive from Laura. Tiebreak at worst for her now in this set.
IP Logged

My USO app is messing up. Showed Laura 2-1 up in the 2nd, I blinked and it was 3-3, now showing 2-1 again. Likewise Ferrer was in 3rd set, now showing he's still playing 2nd. Odd.

This happened to me as well and I thought I was hallucinating until I refreshed the scoreboard but with the same results. Phew!
IP Logged

Come on Laura, time to step up and win the tie-break!
IP Logged

I reckon Harrison will win a major in the future. His brother is another big prospect, ranked inside the top 500 and barely 18.

They also have Novikov, Sock, Kudla, Fratangelo, Krueger who are good prospects, although only the first two probably future Slam hopefuls.

The future's bright for the Americans though. More so the Aussies (Tomic, Saville, Kubler, Duckworth, Mitchell, Kyrgios).

I really see bright future in Harrison and I really am a fan of his tennis. I think he wants it and he wants it bad and that's why he loses it so easily, but he's actually pretty mature if you follow his interviews. He's trying to have that comfort where everything will work out for him and his game will click together, but he hasn't found that range yet. He's especially pumped up to play top players and that shows a lot of courage. He's making progress (a bit unlucky too with the draws) slowly but will steadily go there where he wants to be in a few years time. He still has a lot to learn and be mature about but he's willing, so he's more than likely to make it too. 
IP Logged

Ferrer is quietly cruising with a very nice draw so far.

And Gulbis got the 1st set. Good stuff.
IP Logged

Tense one this!!
IP Logged

Ouch
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 73 Reply