MurraysWorld  >  Tennis Talk  >  US Open 2020 - The Other Players
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 9 Reply

US Open 2020 - The Other Players

Feel for Dan, moulet is a good player, but watching the game last night and today, felt he might of got the better of him in a continuous 5 setter.
IP Logged

I did wonder why the Zverev/Mannarino match was so late in starting -

"Mannarino's match with Zverev delayed by health officials"

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-tennis-usopen-mannarino-idUSKBN25V2ZF

Anyway I've just watched Z win 6-7, 6-4, 6-2, 6-2, to set up a meeting with Davidovich Fokina, which should be very interesting.
[ Last edit by Aileen September 05, 2020, 01:27 am ] IP Logged

^  I like Z, it's good he won Smile
IP Logged

I know there’s always a surprise or two in a slam, but can anyone see another final result in the men’s singles other than the same ole same ole?   
IP Logged

^  I can't see anyone other than Djokovic winning! It might have been different had Rafa or RF been playing.
We can hope for better things at the French Open Smile
IP Logged

I know there’s always a surprise or two in a slam, but can anyone see another final result in the men’s singles other than the same ole same ole?   
Unfortunately not atm - and he's had a jammy draw so far as well.   That said, Rublev or Medvedev could be a possibility along with Thiem who's the No. 2 seed and who took him to five sets in the final of this year's AO.  The trouble is that as they're all in the other half of the draw none of them can meet him before the semis.
IP Logged

Dominic Thiiem and Cilic have just started their match - let's see what happens.  I like them both so I don't mind who wins, too much.
I remember when Cilic got married a little while ago.
I think I'll take a bet on Thiem for this match .........
IP Logged

I wanted to watch at least some of that but it kept getting put back later and later until I got too tired to watch.

I did though watch Felix Auger-Aliassime earlier dismantle Corentin Moutet in three easy sets, which went some way to putting Andy's match into perspective.
IP Logged

^  Yes it does make things seem a bit better - that Felix beat Correntin in 3 easy sets.

Well played Thiem :  6/2, 6/2, 3/6, 6/3

Hope to see Cilic at the French.
IP Logged

Dominic and Cilic Smile

It might get taken down before long  shocking
IP Logged

I wanted to watch at least some of that but it kept getting put back later and later until I got too tired to watch.

I did though watch Felix Auger-Aliassime earlier dismantle Corentin Moutet in three easy sets, which went some way to putting Andy's match into perspective.

I think it was Tim Henman that said Felix Auger-Aliassime would dominate the game in years to come.  He thinks  he outclasses the rest of the next generation. 
IP Logged

Looking forward to Felix vs Domi. Should be a fun match. Have often rooted for Thiem, but will be cheering for FAA tomorrow (or the next day on catch-up if it is on at stupid o’clock).
IP Logged

Some interesting matches coming up and I like how Round 4 is littered with different players than usual.

I'm thinking at this stage, probably going to be a Medvedev-Djokovic final.
IP Logged

The event of the year has just occured.

Djokovic, firing a ball towards the backboard after a break of his serve for 6-5 to Busta, hits a lines woman and is disqualified!
IP Logged

Thought, you must be joking - but no, wow!
[ Last edit by althusser September 06, 2020, 09:28 pm ] IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 9 Reply