MurraysWorld  >  Tennis Talk  >  US Open 2020 - The Other Players
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 9 Reply

US Open 2020 - The Other Players

I'm back and rolling back the years with this one. Intending to get more involved this year over the course of this highly anticipated second Slam of the year. As before, this thread is for discussing all things US Open outside of Andy. I'm suspecting there is much to watch and keep an eye on this year, and I'm personally expecting many an upset in the early stages.
IP Logged

I'm back and rolling back the years with this one. Intending to get more involved this year over the course of this highly anticipated second Slam of the year. As before, this thread is for discussing all things US Open outside of Andy. I'm suspecting there is much to watch and keep an eye on this year, and I'm personally expecting many an upset in the early stages.
It should certainly be an interesting tournament.  With quite a few of the big names missing there's an opportunity for some of the up and coming younger players to shine, maybe even win it!
IP Logged

It's a good idea to have this thread and I'm sure the USO this year will give us some surprises along the way and I can't wait for it to start Smile

Thanks Connor, see you soon Smile
IP Logged

Having only just caught the write ups of the draw, I'm liking the evenness of them. Though I wouldn't say outside Zverev-Anderson there was any stand out Round 1 matches.

My only hope is on the womens side, Kim wins it.
IP Logged

My only hope is on the womens side, Kim wins it.

I hope she wins too, wouldn't that be great? Smile
IP Logged

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/us-open-2020-asterisk-champion-060045180.html

The USO will be very interesting this year, who will be the Champion?
IP Logged

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/us-open-2020-asterisk-champion-060045180.html

The USO will be very interesting this year, who will be the Champion?
Anyone but Serena!   Hopefully somebody will stop Djokovic as well.
IP Logged

Unfortunate, but I suppose this was inevitable at some point despite the bio-secure bubble - the 17th seed Benoit Paire has tested positive for covid.

https://www.essentiallysports.com/big-blow-for-us-open-2020-as-first-player-benoit-paire-tests-positive-in-bio-secure-bubble-atp-tennis-news/
IP Logged

^  Sorry about Benoit Paire, such a shame he'll have to miss the USO.  I hope he'll soon be all right.
I did see, yesterday, that one of the players had tested positive but it didn't say who it was, at the time.
IP Logged

Gauff loses in 3 sets to Sevastova
IP Logged

Speedy 3 set win for Djokovic
IP Logged

Gauff loses in 3 sets to Sevastova
So much for being a teen sensation because she went out in R1 in the Western & Southern as well.
IP Logged

^  Yes

& Naomi Osaka won - which was expected
IP Logged

So much for being a teen sensation because she went out in R1 in the Western & Southern as well.

Sevastova is a tricky and much underrated player. Gauff is still a kid really, with a huge amount of expectation placed on her.
IP Logged

Kyle played well, it was bad luck to meet Djokovic in R2. But very good that Kyle won the first set.

A good win for Osaka, on to R3.
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 9 Reply